- When using the numeric display options (dollar signs, commas, etc.) available in System Administrator program 11, Modify Reports, the printed numbers sometimes failed to line up properly when printed in a column on reports. This problem was only exhibited in some obscure cases, but caused a lot of display problems when used in conjunction with the financial format options used in General Ledger for the reports printed by program 18, Financial Statements, program 20, Income Analysis, and program 21, Comparative Analysis. Although these fixes apply to all modules, only General Ledger is included in the patch since it was the main problem area. The General Ledger print layouts were also changed to print a different field for the numeric values that is more compatible with the changes made. Users who have custom PL files for General Ledger are encouraged to copy the default print layouts for these programs, as customized layouts may no longer print the numeric fields as they did before this patch.
- General Ledger program 20, Income Analysis, was printing total lines twice if they were of certain total styles.
- The Inventory Item lookup window in Unix would send the cursor scampering about the screen if you entered a partial key in the Group Number field and then backspaced to the beginning of the field.
- Fixed a misspelling in Accounts Receivable program 1, Customer Master. We can all sleep better now.
- In Payroll program 25, Tax Returns, the State Tax report would not include in gross wages any pay types that had an exempt deduction with the same state code as the pay. Since we now have the ability to flag a deduction as State Withholding, only pay types with an exempt deduction of a state withholding deduction will now behave this way.
- NEW OPTION! System Administrator program 11, Modify Reports, now has a new Images option. This feature allows you to define image files (BMP files only) to print on reports in the Windows version of the software. Up to 9 images can be defined for any report, they can be precisely located on the page with positioning measured in hundredths of inches, and images can be defined to print on all pages, only first pages, or all but first pages. All images must be stored in the RTS-Advantage DATA folder.
- Purchase Orders program 9, Post POs, was changed to force a quantity backordered of zero if the quantity ordered of an item is negative.
- The ability to edit line items was curtailed in some minor ways to prevent the user from getting into troublesome situations (like changing the ordered quantity on a line from positive to negative or vice versa).
- The recalculation of quantity backordered was improved when changing ordered quantity.
- A bug was fixed where Inventory items with buying conversion codes would mess up the Inventory Quantity On Order field when doing certain editing functions.
- In Add mode for line items, the Quantity Backordered field was made display only since no user edits were allowed anyway.
- Purchase Orders program 10, Post Items Received, has had a number of changes to make it more flexible and in the process fixed a number of problems that could crop up when doing unusual things like receiving negatives and receiving more than was ordered.
- Disallowed receiving negative quantities on positive orders and vice versa (you should use the Delete option to un-receive items).
- Backorders will always be zero on negative ordered quantities.
- Improved the ability to receive more than was ordered for an item, an important feature in some industries where vendors reserve the right to deliver plus/minus a certain percentage of the ordered quantity.
- The Expected Cost field, which previously just gave a total cost of the PO, now gets reduced as you receive items so that the figure represents the remaining cost on the PO.
- The program now saves edited costs so that if a vendor charges a different price than was on the original order, that receiving cost will be stored as the new cost for subsequent receipts.
- Added the ability to more easily do standing orders by allowing receipts of any quantity on items with a quantity ordered of zero.
- Fixed a number of problems with the way the program updated the Inventory Quantity on Order field, which could get out of whack when doing receipts on negative orders and receiving more than was ordered.
- Fixed the cursor path, which was different for line items with negative quantities for no good reason.
- Changed the program to not try to recalculate the Quantity Ordered field when changing the Backorder Quantity.
- Because of the occasional inexactitude of decimal numbers, sometimes a PO would not allow a line item to be full posted, or would think that a fully posted line item still had some tiny (REALLY tiny) bit left to be received. This problem has been eliminated by allowing such quantities to be off by a tiny margin (1/1,000,000th of a unit) to account for such rounding errors.
- Purchase Orders program 53, Purge POs, was improved in its methodology for purging line items. In some cases the program had previously not recognized a line item as completed when it in fact was. Also disallowed the program from considering any line item with a quantity ordered of zero as complete, as this is now an indication of a standing order. Also improved the help for this program, which now gives very specific information about the rules for purging.
- The Purchase Orders default print layout file was previously issued with the quantity decimals set to zero by default. Changed the default to two decimals, a more common setting. If you use the default PL file and want zero decimals on your quantities, just go to Purchase Orders program 50 to reset it.